Flooring Sales and Design ConsultantBoss Carpet One Floor & Home - Dixon, IL 61021 $30,000 - $80,000 a year - Commission
Flooring Sales and Design Consultant
If you have a passion for people and a flair for design, this is the career opportunity for you. If you are a self-motivated and detail orientated individual, we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success. If you’re the type of person who desires compensation based on results, your financial security will be a result of being assertive, creative, and by building your client base.
About the Position
This position requires an individual to interact with customers and assist them in making product choices, according to their individual needs. Whether the interaction occurs in our award winning showroom, in the customer’s home, or in the community, the objective is always to provide both design and flooring advice to make the customers buying decision easier. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be willing to divide his or her work time between the showroom floor, visiting customers’ homes, prospecting for new clients, and networking within the community. In order to be successful, the candidate must also be willing to undergo our extensive product and sales training in order to become a certified flooring and design expert.
It is also expected that the individual be a self- starter, personally well organized, and willing to create new business as well as to provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
Although not an all-inclusive list, the following is an outline of duties and expectations for this position:
Boss Carpet One Floor & Home has long been regarded as the premier flooring retailer in Dixon and many surrounding communities. Locally owned and operated for more than 35 years, we are known for our superior customer service, and professional staff. Because we are a member of the largest floor covering cooperative in the world, our company offers the very best flooring products, in a state of the art modern showroom, with only the most qualified installers. We believe in creating a family friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
The skills and abilities we’re seeking include:
- Education: Some college preferred
- A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design
- Must be willing and able to attend some off-site training.
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to get to work, and to visit customers’ homes.
- Must have open and flexible work availability to include weekends.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism, to include dependability, accountability, and punctuality
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career.
- Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines.
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $30,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year